Friday, November 21, 2008

Today Béya's class had a "P" picnic. Everything that I packed for her lunch had to start with a "P". She got Pizza sticks, Pears and Pretzels. The pizza sticks were an act of desperation. I thought I would make the old standby; peanut butter and jam....but there wasn't any bread and only 20 minutes until we had to leave. So thanks to my friend Lori Erickson's wonderful pizza dough recipe the day was saved! It is so easy and so fast! I thought I would share this wonderful recipe with you. It only takes me about 15 minutes from start to finish. Cooking included.

Super Easy Pizza Dough

Ingredients:
1 T. yeast
1 1/2 cups hot water
1/2 T. salt
3 T. sugar (1/4 cup)
4-5 Cups of flour

(This recipe makes 2 pizza crusts, we double the recipe and make tons of personal size crusts and freeze them. They make a quick dinner when you don't have a lot of time.)

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.

Stir together:
1 1/2 cups hot water
1/2 T. salt
3 T. sugar (1/4 cup)


Stir in 2 cups of flour
Sprinkle on, then stir in 1 T. yeast
Add 2-3 cups of flour (until dough is not too sticky)
Knead 2-5 minutes
Spray or grease pan.
Spread dough (roll it, throw it, however you would usually do it)
Add toppings of choice and cook until golden and cheese is melted.
We cook ours about 7-10 minutes. Check it frequently if you cook it any longer.

2 comments:

pamela said...

homemade pizza is our old standby as well! i love it. cute idea.

Camilla Millar said...

I am always afraid to try anything with yeast in it. . . . .but, maybe I'll venture into this one since you've left such detailed instructions