Sunday, December 7, 2008

What is wrong with our family?!


Is it just our family or do other families torture their children too? Josh has made it a point to do something to humiliate each one of our children and he documents it with a photo (for future use, of course)! So yesterday was Boe's first encounter with daddy. Josh titles this one Baby Mr. Higgins (he says he's a butler).

I'll have to find the one of Tate to post later...he was carrot man!

Grandpa Blaine and Grandma Dawn made a quick stop by the house yesterday bearing gifts. We didn't tell the kids that they were coming so they were pleasantly surprised to say the least! Unfortunately the boys didn't get any golfing in this visit, but great for Dawn and I, we got to talk crafts. She made us the cutest advent calendar for Christmas, you take the magnets off each day and put them on the back of the cookie sheet to count down to Christmas day. The kids love doing it! Here's a photo...




5 comments:

lisa said...

Hey Dani! Thanks for FINALLY telling us your blog site! Mine is private so email me at lisamitchell_1999@msn.com and I'll send you an invite.

I LOVE the advent calendar! Great idea!

pamela said...

love the calendar and love mr. higgins. it seems just like josh to do that.....

jodi said...

Oh my. I am dying at Mr. Higgins. Poor Boe. That is the funniest thing I've seen for a while.

Anonymous said...

All cute pictures! I love the one of Boe! ANd the advent calendar, how fun!
And, Funny how we can actually LIKE the things we most hate in life...animals, animal poo, dirt everywhere, seclusion... Life is good. And I love the tree idea. I'm anxious to see it.
My friend had a good adea for simplifying...she stopped doing neighboe gifts and only buys her kids three gifts each year (symbolizing the three gifts for Jesus) I thought those were great ideas...for next year!

Camilla Millar said...

Oh, that picture is awesome!